Skip to main content

REST IN PEACE

Mufti Abus-Sami sb, the scholarly cleric who enjoins weekly Tafseer of Quran in our apartment, lost his father on Sunday, February 13, 2011. The news was first broken by the Imam of our Masjid during the Asr prayers.
 

Inna lillahe wa inna alaihe rajeoon! May Allah bless the father of Mufti sb, absolve him of his sins, and offer him a heavenly abode. May Allah grant the family of Mufti sb the patience to endure this moment of trial, Ameen!!

I felt it important to reverberate my feelings at this news. It was a sad news, and I personally felt like crying on hearing it. Though Mufti sb is not related to anyone of us by blood; this relationship obviously transcends much beyond that. It is the relationship of brotherhood of belief and Islam. I have never met the father of our Mufti sb, but could feel the intense agony on hearing the news, which is only obvious of how strong the brotherhood of Islam is indeed.

Death is an Eternal truth that we all have to face; for the Holy Quran says:

"Every soul shall have taste of death; In the end to us shall ye be brought back..." (Surah Al-'Ankabut The Spider 29:57)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT HAS QUALITY GOT TO DO WITH THIS?

“If you don't set a baseline standard for what you'll accept in life, you'll find it's easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that's far below what you deserve.” -           Anthony Robbins I recently forwarded a press release sent by a premier student organization of the Indian Muslim Community [would be careful not to name it, though] to specific mailing groups. One of the members of one group swiftly remarked – “ Why don’t they do a spell check before they send? ” Candid enough, isn’t it?! This is not an exception; I could exhibit an array of OFFICIAL press releases from another prominent Muslim educational institution that contain typos, spelling errors; even grammatical mistakes. So, what has spell check or quality got to do with press releases? Aren’t they simply meant to convey some happenings? Above all, they are probably doing us a favor in sending the press releases in English; because a majority of Muslim o...

Of Expectations, Reality, and Frustration

“ Blessed is the man who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed ” Alexander Pope In today’s cutthroat corporate world, it is not strange to hear people complaining about frustration. I never paid any heed to this phenomenon called “ frustration ,” until the time I experienced it myself. And there have been more than one instances when I have felt utterly frustrated; the latest instance being yesterday night itself. Yesterday’s frustration resulted from a really insignificant and personal reason, and I will cautiously not put it here… However, as always happens after the “ frustration stroke ,” I set out thinking on the reasons. I thought on why I am getting frustrated so much, and so often? Why don’t I have the same attitude and vigor of enjoying life as it comes, as I used to do some years back when I was in college? Why do things not happen the way I “ EXPECT ” them to happen? Alternatively, did things really happen they way I expected them to happen earlier? If not, ...